Friday, April 07, 2006

Longing for Home Again

Though it seems a task, push ahead, and leave the past
There's one thing deep within me, like a candle burning fast
There is one place in my mind, from another space in time
An everlasting wisdom, I embrace the lovely vision of my

Home again, back to all the people I love, Home again
Wondering when my feet will take me home again
And wondering where my heart will go from here

As the sun brings in the day, and the wind blows it away
My thoughts are ever shifting, soaring higher, often drifting
In the backlots of my mind, In the closets back in time
When days were shorter thatn tomorrow, and easier
For me to get back home again, Back where all the people I love
Home again, Wondering when my feet will take me home again
And wondering where my heart will go from here


In 1976, I was married, and still thought I was happy.
Then one day, these words came from me, and I was amazed
at how stark and frank the images differed from what I thought was reality
First instincts are almost always right! Dont ever forget it!
One of the earliest songs I have written.
Now that I'm home again, where WILL my heart go from here?

No comments: