Thursday, September 02, 2010

Thank you, God for making me an un-educated plough boy

Sept.2, 2010

I read in the news today, oh boy! Stephen Hawking says there did not need to be a God to create the universe. "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing."

Just a quick refresher on Stephen Hawking; He has been the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, the same post held by Isac Newton.

OK, how can I, little ole me, question the mind of a world class genius? I have often noticed that some of the most intelligent people I have encountered, did not believe in God. Math was my worst subject. I must trust those with bigger brains to do the "Math." I have heard arguments against Mr Hawking's statements.

Our entire universe set up could not have been created from nothing. Everything about it hangs on precision movement, alignment, and yes, gravity. If we did not have other planets revolving around the sun in those particular orbits, or if our axis was not just so, or if any one of millions of things was not just so, we would not be here. Nuff said bout that.

As to the bible argument, if Genesis is not correct, then why is it that all the other books in the bible are credible? There were many prophets that foretold of Jesus's coming hundreds and hundreds of years before Him with surprising accuracy. All of the predictions so far in time were dead on, therefore, why then should I not believe the predictions yet to be fulfilled? It seems so strange that the bible would start right out being inaccurate.

Back to the question of why the most intelligent people (I've run across) find it so hard to believe in what I seem to see as plain as the nose of my face?

No comments: