Monday, October 24, 2011

Father, Lord, Savior,
  I can no longer imagine my journey through life without your strentgh, guidance, leadership, mercy, salvation.  "How great thou art" does not begin to convey who you are to me.  There are no words, communique, images, or feelings worthy enough to express to you.  Thank goodness, I know that all I have to do is close my eyes, bow my head, and breathe and your spirit comes upon me and I know you hear me.  You hear me through the good times and the bad, through the sickness and health, the smiles, the tears and even if I try to run and hide.  You are always there, unchanging, unwavering, patiently, forgiving.  You are my everything.  How did I go so long in my life without realizing this?  How could you be so patient with me?  How can I do my part to repay my debt?  Show me the way, O Lord.  Open the door and I will enter.  Give me the strength and courage to carry my share of your cross. Put the words in my mouth and I will sing for you.  Place the spirit in my heart so that I might always be with you.  Light the light in my soul so that I might shine for you.  Wash clean my sins so that I might be pure for you.  Help me to forgive and be slow to anger.  Give me the wisdom, the honesty, and the resolve to be your disciple.
  In all this I pray; in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
  Amen

1 comment:

Seth C. Burgess said...

Beautiful prayer!