Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Killer Meatloaf with twice baked taters and green beans

Killer Meatloaf with
Twice baked potatoes,
Green Beans with honey roasted peanuts and Caraway,
Garlic Sticks


The Meatloaf

2 ½ lbs ground beef
1 onion chopped fine
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup oats
2 tbs pepper
Salt to taste
1 can cream of celery soup (Don’t add the water)
1 hot pepper

Well, there’s the list; throw them together. Once you add the soup, it’s a sticky mess till it’s mixed together! It did not fit into the usual bread loaf pan; I put it in a longer cake dish. Bake about 1 ¼- 1 ½ hours at 350

The Potatoes

Wash and cut potatoes in small pieces and boil till tender. Drain water, return to bowl, mash, adding butter, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. I always leave the skins on! Place in bread loaf pan, sprinkle shredded Romano cheese on top and bake with meatloaf, an hour or so at 350

The Green Beans

I used frozen French cut beans and steamed them for 3-4 minutes. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil, garlic, crushed fine, the beans, ¼ cup honey roasted peanuts chopped and mashed in bowl, and lastly, sprinkle a tbsp or so, caraway. Stir fry a few minutes, blending everything.

The Garlic bread

I had some day old whole wheat bread and thought I’d jazz it up. I cut thick slices, cutting the slices into 2 ½ inch strips. I had seeped crushed garlic in olive oil, and placing the bread on a baking sheet, I spread liberally, my garlic/oil mix over the top and threw in the same oven with my meatloaf and potatoes, baking the bread at 350, almost ½ hour.


I enjoyed that dinner to the max!

No comments: