Saturday, September 18, 2010

Food Critic Instal. 2

Friday, Theresa and I usually go out for dinner, fish fry for the most part, but not always! One of my favorite places is Antonetta's Italian Restaurant 1160 Jay St. on the west side of Rochester. It's only open for dinner on Friday nights and during the week for lunch.
I usually aspire to try new dishes at restaurants, but it's hard at Antonetta's. It's hard to get past the sauce here. It brings back the memories of my mother's kitchen. Anyways, I almost always get the spaghetti and meatballs; it's that good! Last night was no exception. Theresa decided on the triple Parm plate: Veal, Chicken and Eggplant.
The place is old fashioned Italian decor; intimate, with tables with the red and white checked tablecloths, photos of Frank Sinatra on the walls of the back dinning room, and sports pics on the walls of the front room. The setting is intimate and the clientele, a mix of nuns, police, blue collar workers, families, all coming back for the best Italian eating in New York State.
Theresa licked her plate clean, while I left a small amount of sauce on my plate. I just simply could not eat another bite! A small salad, the house Chianti, and nice crunchy Italian bread rounds out the meal. I have never been able to eat desert, my tum tum too full!
The place is almost always packed; lunch or Friday dinner. One will never be disappointed with their meal, and oh yea, at a very modest price! This is the place to go for the best food in town; bring an appetite!

No comments: