Monday, May 17, 2010

Help, I'm melting--I mean ranting!

I must be getting too old for all the stuff I see on FaceBook. I've posted my thoughts on this before and here I go again! Don't get me wrong; I see much good in the site. It gives me a chance to stay in touch with friends and family, esp. out of town. I gives me the privilege of posting my link for my Daily Psalms, though, I've been blocked from even that till I changed some settings!
The negativity I see in many folks publicly here is abundant. I have had to remove some of the "Friends" from my page, for I got fed up with only hearing about the complaints of the day. I was visiting with an old friend this past week and we got to talking bout Face Book. He made a great point. If people think they can say whatever they wish to and think that later, by deleting their account, it will all go away, they are dead wrong. The Internet, just like your computer's hard drive maintains information. Looking for a job? Is it possible that your prospective employer will view your FB account? Do you wish to take that chance? My advice to you is to take care, esp. you younger folks who spout off what ever comes to mind at the time. It can come back to bite you.
Now, I see warnings about the page: Becoming a father or mother was the greatest gift of my life. There are rumors that this page is a group of pedophiles, trying to get to your personnel info. I have some trouble with that possibility, but as my dad used to say, "Nothing surprises me!" I'd stay away from that link. But what about the Daily: Tarot card, Horoscope, Lucky numbers, Fortune cookie, Smiles, Hugs, Balloons, Angel watching over you, Word from God, Fish world, Mafia wars, and God only know what else? Is there not too much of good things? I'd say there is. My advice to people is to use the Face Book with some common sense and prudence. Please, lets not spoil something that we will regret later!!

No comments: